LOS ANGELES (July 11, 2022) – SQUARE ENIX® today released the brand-new “Starter Guide Series” for the critically-acclaimed MMORPG FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online, offering early tips and tricks for new players adventuring through the ever-expanding realm of Eorzea for the first time in order to get the most out of their adventure. Whether they’re playing solo at their own pace, or joining other players to explore the world together, this online video series will assist in the start of their adventures.
The series follows the journey of new player Kaz and his mentor Mayra, who guides him through his first steps in Eorzea. Episode One: “The Adventure Begins” guides players through the very first steps in their FINAL FANTASY XIV Online journey, including:
- Creating a character
- Using the map
- Starting main scenario quests
To watch the introductory episode and learn more about the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Guide, visit: https://sqex.to/iDP2N
The full Starter Guide series consists of seven videos, each focusing on different aspects of the new player experience, providing tips and tricks, from character creation and basic game mechanics to dungeons, boss battles and more. The episodes and content are as follows:
- Series Introduction - Join veteran adventurer Mayra as she guides new player Kaz to the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Episode 1: The Adventure Begins - Kaz creates his character and takes his first steps in Eorzea. Mayra introduces Kaz to the map and different quest types so he can enjoy the main story without getting lost.
- Episode 2: Meet Your FATE - Mayra introduces Kaz to class quests and how he can unlock different classes starting at level 10. Kaz encounters his first FATE, an open world encounter where everyone nearby can take part.
- Episode 3: Hall of the Novice - Kaz learns how to organize his cluttered inventory and discovers the Recommended Gear feature. Mayra takes Kaz to the Hall of the Novice where he gets a crash course on party combat and a new set of gear.
- Episode 4: Do Your Duty - Putting his newly acquired skills to the test, Kaz teams up with Mayra to form a light party with the Duty Finder to tackle his first dungeon. Kaz learns how dungeon rewards are distributed via Need, Greed, and Pass.
- Episode 5: Trial by Fire - Kaz forms his own party and takes on his first trial: an epic boss battle. As his renown grows, Kaz is recruited by one of three Grand Companies of Eorzea, and unlocks his very own chocobo mount at level 20.
- Episode 6: The End of the Beginning - Mayra regales Kaz with all he has learned so far and all he still has to look forward to in the Free Trial… and beyond!
The full series is available now to stream on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online YouTube channel: https://sqex.to/lsA37
For more information, check out the official Starter Series website: https://sqex.to/8q2Pq
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Patch 6.18 launched on Tuesday, July 5, introducing the long-awaited Data Center Travel feature. Players are now able to visit Worlds on different data centers, before forming parties and challenging duties once there. This feature only allows for travel between logical data centers within the same physical data center. Travel between Japanese, North American, European, and Oceanian data centers is unavailable.
Patch 6.18 also saw an expansion to the number of Worlds available in the EU region and the addition of Meteor, a new Data Center for the JP region meaning a greater capacity for more players. Full details on the European Data Centre additions can be found here: sqex.to/BJf1v
With more than 25 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn™ and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information is available: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker™, visit the official site at: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/.
Endwalker Official Site: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
SQUARE ENIX® Press Site: https://www.square-enix-press.com/
The Lodestone®: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram®: @ffxiv
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 168 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 84 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 88 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 - 2022 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: ©2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
ENDWALKER, A REALM REBORN, HEAVENSWARD, the FINAL FANTASY XIV logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. “PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS4" and “PS5” are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.