Award-winning digital tabletop experience extends the magic of game night to PC like never before; Launching with three complete adventures, cross-play and an extensive content roadmap
STOCKHOLM - Apr. 7, 2022 - As of today, adventure-seeking players can experience the best way to have a truly authentic, social tabletop experience from your PC. Demeo: PC Edition, available now in Early Access on Steam from Resolution Games (trailer), is a digital tabletop gaming experience tailored to bring players together, even when they’re apart. Developed by a team of renowned industry veterans who have spent decades creating hit multiplayer experiences, Demeo: PC Edition recreates the magic of tabletop gaming with friends and the commoradere that goes along with that in the digital realm. Previously released as a VR exclusive, Demeo’s initial debut met with rave reviews, earned countless awards - including several recognitions as Game of the Year - and is now welcoming PC players to join the adventure.
“Our vision for Demeo has always been to provide a home for people around the world to team up, strategize and bond over games in a virtual social setting reminiscent of when we used to gather around a physical board game in someone’s basement years ago,” said Tommy Palm, founder and CEO, Resolution Games. “With Demeo: PC Edition, we’re extending that nostalgic experience - basement included - to desktop gamers who can gather their party with friends across various platforms. Plus, given the VR/PC cross-play nature of the game, players can even choose to adventure with new friends in our already-thriving community of players thanks to Demeo’s robust matchmaking system.”
True to the authentic tabletop experience, Demeo: PC Edition puts the emphasis on strategizing and tabletalk, recreating the feeling of moving miniatures around the game board, rolling the die and staking out dungeons with friends. Players’ time in the game together forms the narrative and the memories that last long after game night as the social interactions, teamwork and success of group adventures will differ greatly between sessions depending on each person’s individual play style, class selection and the semi-procedural nature of each level.
Demeo: PC Edition features:
- Total Control - Demeo: PC Edition was designed from the ground up for PC players and brings hand-crafted details to the gameplay, including tactile methods optimized for keyboard and mouse for moving miniatures, playing cards and rolling the die as well as adjustable settings for visuals quality.
- Five Distinct Heroes - Take the mantle of the hunter, sorcerer, assassin, guardian or bard, all with their own unique abilities and skills. But use them wisely if you are ever to stop the darkness that awaits in each adventure.
- A Fusion of TTRPG and Card-Based Gameplay - In addition to gameplay inspired by iconic tabletop role-playing games, players will choose from more than 60 unique cards to deal damage, cast spells and heal their party as they battle through the world of Demeo.
- Online Cooperative Multiplayer - Grab your friends and assemble a party, because plumbing the depths of Demeo requires strategy, cunning and teamwork. Every character has its own unique approach to managing magic and monsters — and your whole party will need to work together if it wants to survive.
- Play with Everyone - PC players can experience cross-play online multiplayer with their friends and other players across all released platforms so far, including Meta Quest, Rift and headsets that support Steam VR.
- Three Complete Adventures - Demeo: PC Edition will include every Demeo adventure released to date. Players will traverse the deadly dungeons in ‘The Black Sarcophagus’, explore the unforgiving sewers of Sunderhaven in ‘Realm of the Rat King’ and venture into the druid-filled Drych Forest in Demeo’s latest adventure, ‘Roots of Evil’.
- A Rich Content Roadmap - More new adventures and game modes are planned for Demeo: PC Edition well into the future, with two new adventures actively in development for release in 2022.
Demeo: PC Edition is available now for $29.99 on PC via Steam Early Access and comes bundled with a VR-playable version of Demeo at no extra cost. Current and future Demeo VR owners on Steam will automatically receive Demeo: PC Edition as a free addition to their Steam Library. Meta Quest, Quest 2 and Rift Demeo owners will be also able to access Demeo: PC Edition without an additional purchase by installing the Oculus Rift desktop app. [Instructions here]
“The best games offer choices — both in and out of play,” added Palm. “In bundling the PC and VR versions together for every player, we’ll be giving everyone the opportunity to experience Demeo on whichever device they prefer at any given time. This should be a great new experience for our current players. And those joining us for the first time on PC will have a VR title waiting for them in their library when they’re ready to step into a headset of their own.”
To view other titles by Resolution Games, visit www.resolutiongames.com/games.
About Resolution Games:
As the world’s most prominent VR/AR games studio, Resolution Games is redefining how people come together and play. The studio is evolving the craft of multiplayer game development and publishing with its approach to delivering new IP across VR/AR platforms and beyond. With the largest portfolio of games across all major VR and AR platforms, no other studio has the reach, ratings and range that Resolution Games does.
The studio’s titles rank among the top-rated and most downloaded games in the space. Games like Demeo, Blaston, Bait!, Acron: Attack of the Squirrels!, Cook-Out: A Sandwich Tale and Ultimechs illustrate the innovative and immersive ways the studio is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Founded in 2015, Resolution Games is privately held and based in Stockholm, Sweden. Follow the company at www.resolutiongames.com and on Twitter and Instagram.