London, England, 28 February 2006 - Reef Entertainment is pleased to announce its latest acquisition to its increasing expanding PC line up, Shadowgrounds, developed by Frozenbyte. Reef Entertainment will ship the game to the UK, Turkey, Greece & Middle East in April
'I'm really excited by this title', said, Peter Rezon, MD Reef Entertainment. 'The game has already been shipped in Germany and Finland to incredible response from the gaming public and received fantastic praise by press'.
'We couldn't be happier right now', said Lauri Hyvarinen, MD Frozenbyte. 'We believe Reef has what it takes to make Shadowgrounds successful in the UK and other countries'.
Some reviews from Finland
Pelit Magazine 90%
Some reviews from Germany
PC Spiele Magazine 88%
PC Action 76%
Shadowgrounds is an epic scifi game that blends addictive oldschool gameplay and modern technology into one big, nasty alien-battling carnage festival. The game is played from a top-down perspective that gives you a better view of the battlefield and allows tactical use of weapons.
Shadowgrounds has an impressive weapon arsenal that lets you kick alien ass in many cool, satisfying ways. But in addition, each weapon can be upgraded three times with powerful modifications. Unleash the flames of the Flamethrower's Fuel Trap, cause mayhem with the Grenade Launcher's Poison Grenades, slash and dice the monsters with the Laser Rifle's Pinpoint Laser, freeze enemies with Pulse Rifle's tazer - and much more!
You'll need all the weapons and upgrades to overcome the outnumbering aliens lurking in the shadows - including the massive Brutes, cautious Arachnoids and many more! Field reports even indicate that there's a shrieking creature that seems to pop out of thin air... but that's nothing compared to the enormous boss battles! So keep your cool and enjoy the thrilling atmosphere - and watch closely for those detailed shadows cast by realistic lighting!
Your missions take place on diverse battlegrounds, such as the secret military outpost, the colony base New Atlantis, crashed-down spaceship, alien-infested mines and an experimental research facility... and the ultimate show-down is aboard a gigantic alien mothership!
- Exterminate thousands of hideous aliens
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles
- Use a wide range of high-octane, destructive weaponry
- Customize your weapons with dozens of powerful upgrades
- Take advantage of realistic lighting and scare the aliens away with light
- Destroy the environment and wreak havoc with your arsenal
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis
- Fight side-by-side with your NPC allies against the massive alien hordes
- 2-4-player co-operative play on the same computer
- Powered by Frozenbyte's incredible 3D engine
PUBLISHER: REEF Entertainment Limited
GAME GENRE Action
BARCODES: UK 506 011 243 0190
SCHEDULED: Release UK April 28th 2006
1.5 GHz CPU
384 MB RAM
GeForce 4 Ti / Radeon 9000
1 GB Free Hard Drive Space
2.0 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra / Radeon 9500 Pro
1 GB Free Hard Drive Space
Joypad for co-op play
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer based in Helsinki, Finland. Founded in 2001, the company is out to show the world that dedication, hard work and innovation can still deliver inspiring games. Highly-anticipated Shadowgrounds is Frozenbyte's first commercial game and has already received much critical acclaim in Finland and Germany, where the game was released in November 2005.