Ghost on the Shore is an exploration game about emotional ties that transcend even death. Protagonist Riley is faced with a headstrong ghost, urging her on an adventure across atmospheric shores, uncovering the island's tragic secret. Choices in dialogue shape the bond between the two, ultimately deciding Riley's fate.
Ghost on the Shore is a story driven exploration game about emotional ties that transcend even death.
You play as Riley, a young woman looking for a fresh start, who arrives on the Rogue Islands after being forced to ground in a storm. Joining with you on your adventure is Josh, a headstrong ghost, whose voice becomes known to Riley as soon as she sets foot on land.
As you explore the crumbling homes of these now abandoned islands, you get to know the ghost, Josh. Choices in dialogue share your bond with him and ultimately influence Riley's fate.
Exploration and Environmental Storytelling
While you walk the beautiful landscape of the Rogue Islands, you learn their history through the items left behind. Josh remembers more from his time on the islands, and Riley is encouraged to reveal her dreams, goals and why she is running from her old life.
A unique feature that allows the player to make choices in a subtle immersive way. You don't always know how your words will affect the other. Words are powerful tools. Just like in real life, things can become fun, exciting or plain awkward.
Every dialogue option is shown only once, which makes your choices definite.
The relationship you choose to build with the ghost defines the narrative branch you get to explore. There are four branches with a different ending for each.
Created by like Charlie, the team behind the award-winning story exploration game Marie's Room.
- Discover the branching narrative and multiple endings
- Make emotional choices and experience the consequences
- Immerse yourself into a rich story and atmospheric setting
- Gather clues and investigate what happened
Assets & Links:
- Trailer: https://youtu.be/HOHBGYcSREw
- Ghost on the Shore press kit: https://ashgames.com/press/Ghost_on_the_Shore
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1211930/Ghost_on_the_Shore/
- gog.com: https://www.gog.com/de/game/ghost_on_the_shore
- Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/ghost-on-the-shore/
- Marie's Room on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/648390/Maries_Room/
- Ghost on the Shore has been released February 24 for Windows and macOS for a price of $19.99 • £17.49 • EURO19.99.
- The game is available on Steam, GOG, Humble Store, Mac App Store, and other online stores.
- macOS, including native M1 support
- Linux coming soon. We need to get a third party shader issue fixed.
- Steam Deck: Works well on our dev kit using Proton. Will be running natively too as soon as Linux is fixed.
- Voice Over: English
- Text: English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian