Between December 1st-14th, players will be able to download and play the Core Keeper Open Alpha directly from Steam, giving them an early look at some of the base-building, combat, mining, cooking and crafting set to be included in the game. The Open Alpha will also include support for up to 8-player online co-op, allowing friends to group up, build their base and explore the endless caverns together.
Releasing on Steam Early Access in early 2022, Core Keeper is a 1-8 player mining sandbox adventure set in an ancient cavern of creatures, resources and trinkets. Mine relics and resources to build your base, craft new equipment and survive. Defeat giant monsters, discover hidden secrets, farm crops, cook new recipes and explore a procedurally generated underground world to unravel the mystery of the ancient Core.
▪ Mine resources - Explore a vast underground cave of endless resources. Mine resources, discover hidden crystals, fossils & trinkets and survive a procedurally generated underground world.
▪ Power up the Core - Craft new equipment and technology, build your base, defeat giant monsters and power up the Core.
▪ Craft items & equipment - Customise your explorer and craft new items, armour and equipment to venture further into the cave.
▪ Grow crops - Plant seeds and nurture crops to grow food, or combine ingredients in the cooking pot to discover tasty new recipes with powerful buffs.
▪ Discover an ancient world - Explore living biomes and fight cavernous creatures in a simulated underground ecosystem.
▪ 1-8 player sandbox - Work together to fight, farm, craft and survive in a 1-8 player adventure.
“We're very excited for players to discover the world of Core Keeper in our first open playtest,” said Sven Thole, CEO & Animator at Pugstorm. “The fan feedback to our small closed alpha test earlier this year was incredible, and we can’t wait for many more players to experience Core Keeper with this Open Alpha. Creating an enchanting game that’s as fun to play alone or with friends has always been our priority, and we’re keen to hear more players’ thoughts as we work on additional polish ahead of our launch into Early Access early next year.”
“Core Keeper has continued to charm us throughout its development and we cannot wait for players to get an early preview of the game with the Open Alpha,” added Vincent Coates, Product Manager at Sold Out. “The game is shaping up to be a great sandbox adventure that we’re looking forward to players experiencing for themselves.”
Core Keeper will be available on PC via Steam Early Access in early 2022 and can be added to your Steam Wishlist now. For more information on Core Keeper, follow @CoreKeeperGame on Twitter and join the discussion on Discord.
About Sold Out
Sold Out combines a wealth of experience mixed in with youth to form its close-knit team. Publishing for physical and digital distribution Sold Out has had the joy of working with Team 17, Rebellion, Frontier Developments and other indie developers. For more information on Sold Out and its upcoming titles, visit the official website at soldout.uk.com.
Pugstorm is an award-winning development studio specialized in juicy pixel art games that will make your inner dog bark with joy. For more information, please visit pugstorm.eu.