Royale Monkey, a team of students from France won the 33rd Fan Favorite weekly vote at the Game Development World Championship 2021 (GDWC) with Avian, an exploration game that is in early access in itch.io.
"Avian is an adventure musical experience, where you play as the last guardian tasked to save his world with his ancestral flute! Save your fallen brothers in this refreshing game, where you play as a guardian of a long lost civilization. You are the last hope of your world as your brothers have fallen in battle... Will you step up to the adventure?"
More information about Avian at GDWC:
2nd Place: Access Code Zero: "Access Code Zero tells the story of a spy operation at the Quarantine Bay complex, captured by a group of separatists called HOMOGENES."
3rd Place: Lifeslide: "Lifeslide is an atmospheric paper plane flight adventure through life where the player masters a unique flight mechanic they travel through an ever-changing landscape."
GDWC team sends congratulations to the winner and thanks to all Nominees.
This week GDWC celebrates the Virtual Reality Awards done in collaboration with VRKiwi. A set of nine outstanding VR Games are up to a vote with the winner continuing to finals. The vote is open at https://thegdwc.com
Check out the Fan Favorite VR week Nominees here:
GDWC 2021 Fan Favorite VR week Nominees are:
- A Township Tale by Alta (Australia)
- Buccaneers! by Skyward Digital (United Kingdom)
- I Expect You To Die 2: The Spy and The Liar by Schell Games (USA)
- Iron Guard VR by Xlab Digital (USA)
- Orkana Conflict VR by Adem Kaya (Germany)
- Soulace by Sander Bos (Netherlands)
- Squingle by Ben Outram (United Kingdom)
- The Guy VR by Chubby Pixel (Italy)
- Ziggy's Cosmic Adventures by Stardust Collective (United Kingdom)
Game Development World Championship Website:
For more information contact:
Olli Mäntylä, The GDWC Manager