SpeedTreeRT, a popular foliage middleware, has been licensed for eight new games under development by developers around the world, including Insomniac Games and Silicon Knights.
A new IDV website page
provides SpeedTree-intensive screenshots from about a dozen fantasy, post-apocalyptic, historical and other titles under development for PC and consoles.
Newly-announced SpeedTreeRT licensees are:
- Silicon Knights, a Canadian developer using SpeedTree in the first title of its long-delayed Too Human
- Insomniac Games of California, creator of the Ratchet & Clank
- 4HEAD Studios, of Germany, which will use SpeedTree in The Guild II
- Piranha Bytes, a German firm developing Gothic III
- Castaway Entertainment of California.
- Perpetual Entertainment, of California, which will release Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising
- Envisage Reality, of Singapore, developing Immortals: The Heavenly Sage
- Expresso Fitness, whose newly-launched Spark fitness bike features numerous SpeedTree-lined virtual tour routes.