- Multiple UV Texturing enables designers to assign multiple UV mapped textures on polygon mesh domains, using a UV domain of their choice.
- Dopesheet Control for Shader and Custom Fcurve provides increased control over animation function curves for plug-ins and mental ray shaders.
- Interactive Normal Editing allows designers to interactively edit selected shading normals on polygon mesh models. The shade view provides instant feedback on the shading modifications.
- Enhanced Vertex Color Shading provides more flexibility for controlling use of vertex colors, especially for developers of next-generation console games.
- Polygon Hide / Unhide adds the ability to hide and unhide selected polygons. All the new features in v.4.0 are exposed programmatically via the Saaphire plug-in SDK.
1 MIN READ
SoftImage Announces v4.0 of Softimage 3D
SoftImage rolled out its new SoftImage 3D v4.0 software at Siggraph 2001. It adds new features and enhancements, including additions and improvements such as multiple UV ...
SoftImage rolled out its new SoftImage 3D v4.0 software at Siggraph 2001. It adds new features and enhancements, including additions and improvements such as multiple UV texturing vertex color shading, interactive editing of shading normals, and additions to the Saaphire SDK. Key new features and enhancements to Soft Image 3D v4.0 include: