Today's round-up includes news on a gaming tools-to-movies workshop, sequels to Monolothi's F.E.A.R.
, and the latest news byte on Mother 3
, as well as the latest GameSetWatch posts, product news, and Gamasutra job postings.
- Mediamatic will present a workshop on creating machinima, or short films created using game engines, geared toward filmmakers unfamiliar with game editing tools. Participants will be learn to design 3D sets, script character interactions, set virtual lighting, as well as learn about the wider artistic and cultural implications of machinima. The worship will last for four days, beginning on March 14th, at Mediamatic's offices in Amsterdam. More information is available at Mediamatic's website
- Monolith, the developers of acclaimed 2005 first-person games Condemned: Criminal Origins
, have announced multiple sequels for the latter horror-themed first-person shooter. Warner will publish the games, meaning they will not carry the Vivendi-owned F.E.A.R.
name, but the sequels will continue with the established story and world set up in the first game. "We really want to raise the stakes for the universe and build on the things players loved about F.E.A.R.
," said Monolith president Samantha Ryan. "In addition to continuing the series on PC, we're committed to bringing it to next-generation consoles by creating separate titles tailored to each audience instead of a one-size-fits-all approach."
- Shigesato Itoi, the creator of Nintendo's Mother
RPG series (the second of which was released in the US as EarthBound
), has revealed a limited edition version of the third game, scheduled for release on the Game Boy Advance. The special edition will include the game, a limited-edition scarlet Game Boy Micro with special faceplate, and a Franklin Badge, which is used in the game to reflect lightning attacks. The game currently has no planned English release.
- The latest posts on Gamasutra sister weblog GameSetWatch
include insider detail on the arcade-centric AOU show
, some awesome Sega loving on video dump site YouTube
, an indie game round-up
, some stiff competition for the Frag Dolls
, and an update to the Be-Pachi Music PC tool
- Also updated today: product news regarding AtOne's Neova CoreEngine launc
, some new licensees for SpeedTree middleware
, and Gas Powered Games' choice of the eProject management software
, as well as the latest Gamasutra job posts
, with positions from Diesel Games, Vivendi Universal, Ubisoft Entertainment, Guildhall at SMU, Insomniac Games, and Snowblind Studios.