Today's round-up includes news on Capcom's deal for the Final Fight: Streetwise
soundtrack, information on SCEE's new 'urban' PSP title, and the World Cyber Games' 2007 home, as well as the latest posts on sister weblog GameSetWatch, a new Letter To The Editor, and today's Gamasutra job postings.
- Capcom has announced a deal with "digital record company" INgrooves to digitally distribute the soundtrack for Final Fight: Streetwise
, the new game in Capcom's urban brawler. The soundtrack features 28 hip-hop and electronic songs licensed from INgrooves' catalogue, and will be available from online sources such as iTunes and Rhapsody. "Our collaboration with INgrooves has been invaluable as their extensive music library truly captured the raw intensity and tone of Final Fight: Streetwise
," said Capcom Studio 8 COO Tom Sekine. "The quality and diversity of music combined with their marketing support of the game has made them an ideal licensed soundtrack partner."
- Sony Computer Entertainment Europe London, developer of the Getaway
series, has announced a new game for the PlayStation Portable. Titled Gangs of London
, the action game allows players to choose from Cockney, Triad, Yardie, Russian, or Pakistani gangs in an effort to control all of the criminal turf in London. The player controls multiple gang members in a tactical action setup in the single-player game, with the multiplayer mode being a sort of urban version of Risk. The title will also feature minigames derived from pub activities such as darts, pool, and skittles.
- The site of the 2007 World Cyber Games Grand Final has been announced as Seattle, center of major game companies such as Microsoft and Nintendo. The city beat out bids from world cities such as Cologne, Germany; Bustan, Korea; and Montreal, Canada for the rights to host the event. "Hosting the World Cyber Games in Seattle is a fitting tribute to our thriving video game industry, which has over 50 game development companies in the Puget Sound area," said Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels. The 2006 WCG Grand Final will be held in Monza, Italy, in October.
- The newest posts on Gamasutra's sister weblog GameSetWatch
include info on GameSetWatch's new columns
, the first 'Shmup Me Up, Buttercup' column from Jeremiah 'Nullsleep' Johnson
, and the latest info on Turner's GameTap service
, among others.
- Also updated today: a new Letter To The Editor responding to the recent Gamasutra article
on video games and addiction, as well as the latest Gamasutra job postings
from companies including Datascope Recruitment, Disney Buena Vista Games, Emagination Game Design, LucasArts, Midway Games, Totally Games and Visual Concepts Entertainment.