Today's round-up includes news of Mastiff's voice choices for Gurumin
, a rollercoaster survey based around LucasArts' Thrillville
and EA's face of March Madness
, as well as the latest Game Career Guide updates, Serious Games Source posts, GameSetWatch posts and Gamasutra job postings.
- Publisher Mastiff has revealed the voice talent for its Western version of the Nihon Falcom-created PSP RPG Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
. Voicing Gurumin’s main character, the adventurous Parin, is Amber Hood. Hood’s diverse credits include roles in Shark Tale and Polar Express. Cream, Mosby and Baby Tokaron will be voiced by Tara Strong (Timmy in Fairly Odd Parents), and Dee Bradley Baker (title character in the Viewtiful Joe video game series) lends his voice to Rocko, Digby and Puchi. The title will be released for PSP on February 13th, 2007 in North America.
- Amusement park aficionados are being asked to raise their hands and scream for American’s best theme park in a new Internet survey
to find the ultimate real-life Thrillville. From now until Nov. 15, LucasArts is celebrating the release of the Thrillville
PC amusement park sim by asking theme-park enthusiasts to vote for their favorite of the 20 most-visited amusement parks in the United States. In addition to determining the Best Overall Park, voters can voice their opinions on which location hosts the sickest roller coaster, best midway games, and is the best hangout.
- Electronic Arts announced today that Adam Morrison, who led the NCAA in Division I men's basketball scoring last year and was the third overall draft pick of the Charlotte Bobcats in the NBA, has been selected the new face of NCAA March Madness 07
, scheduled for release January 16, 2007 under the EA Sports brand. In addition, Fans will have the opportunity to experience the all-new interactive environments by downloading an NCAA March Madness 07
demo from Xbox Marketplace on November 14 prior to the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational, the unofficial start to the college basketball season.
- The latest updates on Gamasutra sister alt.gaming weblog GameSetWatch include a look at controversy over the Three Speech weblog
, pictures of some guys opening a retail Wii
, original System Shock art for sale
, and more.
- Posted today on Gamasutra-related education site Game Career Guide
: a student postmortem on Nanyang Polytechnic’s Dungeon Revival
- Also updated today: the latest Gamasutra job postings
, including openings from Procedural Arts, Sierra Online, Iron Lore Entertainment, NFusion Interactive, and Havok.