Today's round-up includes news of new downloadable content for GRAW
, the September release of the Acclaim reclaimed Made Man
from Silverback Studios, and 1C Company opening a new office in the UK, as well as the latest GameSetWatch posts, product news, Serious Games Source news, and Gamasutra job postings.
- Ubisoft today announced the anticipated release of its new downloadable content for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
on the Xbox 360. The new content, called simply 'Chapter 2', contains an extensive continuation of the multiplayer co-op campaign set within Nicaragua, as well as adds several new playable maps, game modes and character customization features, and five new weapons. The premium content is available now for purchase through the Xbox Live Marketplace for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15), a price which has drawn mixed reactions from the gaming community.
- Mastertronic announced that it will ship Made Man
, a Mafia action game from Manchester-based Silverback Studios, for PS2 and PC in September. The game was once in development at Acclaim's UK studios, before they were dissolved when the company went bankrupt. However, after former team members received funding, SilverBack Studios was formed
to finish work on the project. Similar to Electronic Arts' recent release The Godfather
, Made Man
allows players to go on missions as they work their way up through the mob, before finally winning favor from the Don in New York City.
- European publisher 1C Company announced today that it will open a new UK office in July. 1C UK will be led by a game industry veteran, Peter King, whose 14 years experience includes working for Activision as business development and emerging markets manager, Novalogic and European sales director, and TLC / Mindscape and Broderbund as European sales manager. “As the biggest company on the Central and Eastern European games market 1C works with the leading Western publishers and distributors. The main goal of our UK office is to strengthen our positions among these companies, to enhance our presence in the West,” said Nikolay Baryshnikov, international sales director at 1C Company. “We would like to offer a completely new level of services to our partners, we want to be closer to them. Our aim is to make the process of communication between 1C and Western companies easier and more effective.”
- The latest updates on Gamasutra sister weblog GameSetWatch
include news of New Zealand's gaming history
, a selection of darn cute video game advertisements featuring animals
, and PunkBuster anti-cheat technology being added to EA's Ultima Online
- Also updated today: Serious Games Source
news on serious games investigated by the San Bernardino County Sun
and OSU re-engineering games for serious applications
, plus Gamasutra product news on the release of IDV's SpeedTree 4.0
, and the latest Gamasutra job postings
, featuring openings from Blizzard Entertainment, Budcat Creations, Electronic Arts, Electronic Arts Tiburon, High Moon Studios, KingsIsle Entertainment, Kush Games, Nvidia, Turbine, Vigil Games, and Z-Axis / Activision.