Today's round-up includes news of a next-generation sequel to Brothers in Arms
, a former Studio 8 employee joining Farsight Studios, and PC racing titles getting in-game advertising, as well as the latest posts from GameSetWatch and Serious Games Source, product news, and Gamasutra job postings.
- Ubisoft has announced that Gearbox Software is currently developing a third game in the Brothers in Arms
franchise subtitled Hell's Highway
. The game is being developed for next-generation platforms, as well as the PC. In Ubisoft's press release, the company specifically called out Sony's upcoming PlayStation 3 as a targeted platform. The plot of Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
again centers on World War II, this time placing players in Operation Market-Garden as they lead the 101st Airborne Division.
- William Anderson, Capcom's former Senior Game Designer and Project Design Lead on Maximo: Ghost to Glory
, has joined Farsight Studios. As some may recall, Capcom recently closed its North American development house Studio 8
, which was responsible for the critically acclaimed Ghosts ‘n Goblins
spin-off series. Anderson's portfolio includes several memorable action adventure games, including Cool Spot
, and Abe's Oddysee
. He is currently working on Clown Combat
for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
- Advertising firm IGA Worldwide has signed a multi-year exclusive agreement to integrate its Radial in-game advertising technology into SimBin's upcoming PC re-release of GTR
, its sequel shipping later this summer, and the recently announced new series to be based on the World Touring Car Championships
. The deal comes on the heels of a recent IGA announcement for another PC racing franchise, TrackMania Nations
. As well as featuring dynamic billboards around the tracks and circuits, IGA's wholly owned communications consultancy Hive Partners will be responsible for integrated promotional opportunities surrounding the real-life events, including the attendant 'Get Real' race center, which allows race day attendees to participate in linked races at the circuits.
- The latest updates on Gamasutra sister weblog GameSetWatch include a classic arcade tournament in Florida
, why the Square Enix president never got an MBA
, and sales data for indie RTS Tribal Trouble
, and recent updates on Serious Games Source include a Swedish-made human rights game
, a serious game aimed at medical training
, and video game language training for the military
- Also updated today: product news, featuring SpeedTreeRT being signed for next-gen and MMO development
, Double Fusion offering Flash ads for game development
, and a free ebook for VB development
, as well as the latest Gamasutra job postings
, featuring openings from Blockdot, Inc., Fuel Industries, Monolith, and Ubisoft.