informa
/
1 MIN READ
News

Report: TT Games Price Put At $207m In WB Deal

British newspaper the Manchester Evening News has suggested that the recent sale of TT Games Group to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group was achieved at a price of around £100m ($207m), with founder Jon Burton earning a significant percentage.
British newspaper the Manchester Evening News has suggested that the recent sale of TT Games Group to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group was achieved at the price of around £100m ($207m), with founder Jon Burton earning a significant percentage. Warner Bros. officials announced the acquisition of TT Games, which incorporates Lego Star Wars developers Traveller’s Tales and family games specialist TT Games Publishing, on Thursday of last week. Financial details were not officially revealed, but the Manchester Evening News claims that the business was sold for around £100 million over a five year period. As founder and managing director Burton owns 80 percent of the company, with the remaining 20 percent owned by the rest of the management team. It is unclear whether the financial terms of the deal will ever be made official, but Warner Bros. has indicated that the Traveller’s Tales will maintain a degree of independence in at least the medium term – maintaining its existing licensing deals with Lego, LucasArts and Guinness World Records.

Latest Jobs

Cryptic Studios

Remote
1.19.23
Senior Producer

Night School Studio

Los Angeles, CA, USA
1.09.23
Level Designer / Scripter, Games Studio

Fast Travel Games

Hybrid (Stockholm, Sweden)
1.09.23
Social Media / Community Manager
More Jobs   

CONNECT WITH US

Explore the
Subscribe to
Follow us

Game Developer Job Board

Game Developer Newsletter

@gamedevdotcom

Explore the

Game Developer Job Board

Browse open positions across the game industry or recruit new talent for your studio

Browse
Subscribe to

Game Developer Newsletter

Get daily Game Developer top stories every morning straight into your inbox

Subscribe
Follow us

@gamedevdotcom

Follow us @gamedevdotcom to stay up-to-date with the latest news & insider information about events & more