Pathfinding and AI tool PathEngine has announced the immediate availability of a plugin integrating the content side of its advanced pathfinding and agent movement SDK with the Maya content creation platform, alongside two new SDK licensees.
The Maya plugin is available immediately to clients and registered evaluators, and provides essentially the same functionality as the existing 3DS Max integration, including:
- Ground mesh export with named positions and obstacles
- Support for marking ground attributes
- Automatic connection of ground pieces
- Content chunk export for two-stage content processes
- Selection set feedback for validation errors
- Import of all PathEngine environment markup
The company has also announced that Wefly Entertainment and NHN Corporation have joined PathEngine's list of licensed developers.
The PathEngine SDK is built around an advanced implementation of points-of-visibility pathfinding on three-dimensional ground meshes. The approach enables PathEngine to provide both pathfinding and collision in tight integration against a single, sophisticated, agent movement model that takes agent shape into account and seamlessly supports overlapping geometry, with dynamic obstacles directly integrated into this movement model.