[UPDATED: 3:47pm PST]
Today's regularly updated newsbriefs include digitally distributed hit Rag Doll Kung Fu
heading to retail, casual and adver- gaming developer Arkadium adding game development director Jeremy Mayes, and MI6 Game Marketing Conference rep Jim Chabin stepping down as CEO and president.
- Recently established Richardson, TX publisher Wild Hare Entertainment has announced that the retail version of digitally distributed award winning cult hit Rag Doll Kung Fu
has gone gold and will be shipped to stores on February 12th. Created by former Lionhead and current Media Molecule
programmer Mark Healey, the physics-inspired single and multiplayer kung-fu action game will ship with a selection of exclusive player skins, an 11 X 14 poster, and a 28 page manual in the $19.99 retail box. to provide even more value to their customers at $19.99. Wild Hare Entertainment has previously announced a publishing agreement with Alten8 Limited, and will be bringing yet-unannounced Alten8 PSP titles to the North American market.
- Online casual and adver- gaming developer Arkadium has announced that former Skyworks Technologies creative director Jeremy Mayes has joined the company as director of game development. With nine years of industry experience in games, animation, web and print design, and advertising, Arkadium says Mayes will help expand and improve the company's library of games. Said Arkadium co-founder and chairman Jessica Rovello, “The advergaming space continues to grow as larger brands and agencies search for new ways to communicate beyond traditional media. Jeremy’s experience will help us to harness this trend across all demographic categories and further position Arkadium as a leader in the advergaming space. We are very excited that Jeremy has chosen to join an already awesome team of designers."
- According to unnamed sources
in a new tvweek.com report, Jim Chabin, president and CEO of Promax and Broadcast Designers Association, parent company of the MI6 Game Marketing Conference, has been placed on an indefinite leave of absence and will immediately vacate his position. An internal inquiry has reportedly turned up "questions over the organization's financial direction," though no further details have yet been released. Chabin is serving his second term leading the association of entertainment marketers, promoters and designers, after serving as president and CEO from 1992 to 1999. Chabin previously was VP of promotions for E! Entertainment Television, and is an associate board member of the International Emmy Council.
- The latest updates on Gamasutra sister alt.gaming weblog GameSetWatch
of the ATEI 2007 arcade show in London, a look back
at Namco's obscure 1996 3D puzzle action arcade release Dancing Eyes
,and information on
Plato's Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06
for the DS.
- The latest updates from Gamasutra sister website Game Career Guide
include the announcement
of Carnegie Mellon-hosted Experimental Gameplay Project's third competition.
- Also updated today: the latest Gamasutra job postings
, including openings from Big Huge Games, Cranky Pants Games, Datascope Recruitment, Factor 5, Gas Powered Games, Midway Games, Stormfront Studios, and Sucker Punch Productions.