Mobile game developer & publisher In-Fusio announced today the launch of the Halo: Mobile Portal
on Verizon's Get it Now service. The portal itself is free, and provides Halo
fans with a variety of services, incuding access to realtime Xbox Live stats. To access certain Halo: Mobile Portal
features, such as wallpapers or voice tones, tokens must be purchased and then redeemed, and there is a minimum token purchase required, when the portal is initially downloaded.
A complete list of Halo: Mobile Portal
- Wallpapers - Artwork based on popular and even rare Halo images, including the forthcoming Halo 3
, will be available to download, featuring the humans, Covenant, other inhabitants and various game environments. Fans can even create their own custom Master Chief wallpaper - choosing from poses featuring various weapons and different armor colors - and then set it up as the backdrop for the screen of their phone.
- Ring tones - Tones developed exclusively for the Halo: Mobile Portal
will be available and will include Halo
music, in-game sound effects and actual dialogue from the game, featuring the voices of Master Chief, Cortana, Sgt. Johnson, a Grunt, an Elite and a Marine (voiced by comedian David Cross).
- Xbox Live Gamertag Stats - The ability to retrieve statistics from Xbox Live on any player's recent Halo games by entering the appropriate Gamertag.
- "SMS Challenges" - An option which will allow fans to send a message via their phone to a buddy to set-up a time to play, talk trash, or discuss anything they want without having to leave the Halo: Mobile Portal
- The Vault - The section will feature a locked area which can only be accessed through one of the many codes hidden throughout the world of Halo
, giving fans access to limited edition content.
- The Halo
Story - This section will include re-caps of the various elements of Halo
Universe and new stories as they are revealed.
- Tips - An area where fans can get regularly updated advice on improving their Halo
- TXT Alerts - The option to receive breaking Halo
news alerts right to the handset.
The Halo: Mobile Portal
is available on a wide variety of Verizon handsets, including Kyocera KX1 and KX2; LG VX4500, VX4600, VX4650, VX4700, VX5200, VX6000, VX6100, VX7000, VX8000 and VX8100; Motorola 840, E815, v260, v265, v276, v325, RAZR V3c, RAZR V3m and v710; Samsung a570, a670, a790, a795, a850, a950 and n330; as well as the Verizon Wireless CDM 8615, CDM 8900, CDM 8910 and CDM 8940.