Nokia today announced the winners of its 2006 Forum Nokia PRO Awards, recognizing leading mobile applications, content and services deployed by members of Nokia's global developer program.
The winners were presented as part of the annual Nokia World event, Nov. 29-30 in Amsterdam, and were chosen from more than 100 contest entries. Winners were chosen by an independent panel of mobile industry experts, including journalists and analysts.
- Best Game Application: The Silhouette Game - Telcogames U.K.
- Best Enterprise Application: ColorCAM -- ColorZip SEA Pte. Ltd., Singapore
- Best Imaging Application: WOWPix -- Reallusion, Inc., U.S.
- Best Music Application: Orange TV (MobiTV/MobiRadio) -- Idetic, U.S.
- Best Productivity Application: SNAPin Self Service -- SNAPin
- Best Branded Content Application: ShoZu - Cognima Ltd., U.K.
- Developer of the Year: Refresh Mobile, Ltd. Mobizines
- Innovator of the Year: SNAPin Software, Inc, U.S. SNAPin Self
"The Forum Nokia PRO Awards provides an opportunity to highlight the work being done by companies pushing the envelope with the latest and most exciting mobile applications, services and enabling technologies in the market today," Lee Epting, Vice President, Forum Nokia said in a statement.
He continued, "The members of Forum Nokia PRO are at the forefront of driving breakthroughs that expanding revenue opportunities for operators and attracting a whole range of businesses seeking to leverage the smartphone explosion."