Kaydara has announced Motionbuilder 5, the latest version of the company's real-time 3D character animation software. New character animation features in Motionbuilder 5 include:
* A new story-timeline, which allows users to edit 3D animation tracks in combination with audio, video and constraints. A new independent camera track allows 3D artists to work out camera shots and timing independently of the animation timeline for maximum flexibility.
* Enhanced character animation functionality, with new support for quadruped characters, hand floor constraints, finger and toe controls, squash and stretch and additional neck bone controls.
* Photorealistic real-time rendering.
* Usability and workflow improvements include enhanced F-curve and property editors, comprehensive undo and customizable shortcuts.
* A built-in clipart library with characters, environments, textures, motions and more.
* New file format support for Wings3D and RealViz.
Kaydara will also provide a Professional Edition of Motionbuilder 5, which will include support for advanced motion capture editing tools, a software development kit, integration with asset management systems, and personalized customer support and product development.
Motionbuilder 5 will be available August 2003 on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Mac OS X 10.2 and higher. It will be priced at $995, while Motionbuilder 5 Professional will cost $3,495.