IDV announces the latest version of SpeedTreeRT which includes more features over version 1.3. Improvements include enhanced rendering speed, better control over lighting, LOD transitions, and collision detection support.
Version 1.4 allow for the rendering of large forests with thousands of trees as well as making individual detailed trees.
Other enhancements to 1.4 include:
• Improvements to the SpeedTreeCAD interface through new tabbed dialogs, for intuitive control of lighting, LOD, and wind.
• Elimination of manual texturing steps with the introduction of an automatic composite texture map generation system spanning multiple species.
• User-friendly collision object editing, enabling creation and use of simple collision volumes in real-time applications.
• Enhancements to the application’s complementary tree library of 30 species, with realtime optimized models, collision objects, spring and fall leaf texture maps, and fine-tuned leaf LOD transition parameters.
• Dramatic speed increases when rendering with DirectX.
IDV will offer one-on-one presentations of the application at Booth #1236 at the Game Developers Conference in San Jose from March 6-8. Pricing has not been announced.