IndiePub Games announced last night that Hitbox Team's platformer DustForce!
has won the publisher's third annual Independent Game Developers Competition at GDC Online.
Woodley Nye, Matthew Bush and Alexander Dostal will receive $100,000 and a Zoo Games publishing deal for the janitorial platform game, which was selected from hundreds of entries and demonstrated at the indiePub Games booth at GDC Online.
Other winners of this year's awards - unaffiliated with the GDC's own Independent Games Festival - which each will receive $1,000, include:
- Technical Excellence: Alexander Bruce, Hazard: The Journey of Life
- Best Art: Cockroach Inc., The Dream Machine
- Best Audio: Thomas Brush, Coma
- Best Design: Bad Pilcrow, Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare
- Staff Pick: Tyrone Henrie, Catapult for Hire
"We are incredibly impressed with the quality and originality of this year's game submissions from innovative young developers and congratulate all winners of our third indiePub competition," said Zoo Games CEO Mark Seremet in a statement.
Previous winners of the indiePub Games contest include ethereal music puzzle game Auditorium
, version of which were recently announced
for the Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.