informa
1 MIN READ
News

Gameloft Sales Rise 11% To $40 Million In Q1

Mobile games developer and publisher Gameloft has reported consolidated sales up 11 percent to €25.3 million ($39.6 million) in its first quarter, due to strong sales of not only mobile releases, but its DS and Xbox Live Arcade titles.
Mobile games developer and publisher Gameloft is reporting consolidated sales of €25.3 million ($39.6 million) in its first quarter sales report for 2008, 11% higher than in the previous year. 94 percent of Gameloft’s sales came from its game sales, with the remaining 6 percent attributed to Gameloft’s console releases on the Nintendo DS and Xbox Live Arcade. Europe represented 44 percent of Gameloft’s Q1 revenue, with North America at 29 percent, and the rest of the world 28 percent. The rest of the world saw the biggest growth, up 82 percent compared to the same period in 2007. North America’s share of sales dropped due to the declining dollar. In 2007, Europe, North America, and the rest of the world made up respectively 44%, 34%, and 22% of Gameloft’s full year sales. The 11% rise in its sales is in line with Gameloft’s first quarter expectations. The company expects its sales growth rate to continue its rise in the second half of 2008 with scheduled releases for the N-Gage, iPhone, Nintendo DS, and Wii.

Latest Jobs

Xbox Game Studios

Redmond, Washington
10.5.22
Technical Lighting Artist

Innogames

Hamburg, Germany
10.5.22
Game Designer - Elvenar

Six Foot

Houston, TX
10.3.22
Six Foot Director, Player Relations

Hometopia Inc.

Remote
10.7.22
Lead Engineer
More Jobs   

CONNECT WITH US

Explore the
Subscribe to
Follow us

Game Developer Job Board

Game Developer Newsletter

@gamedevdotcom

Explore the

Game Developer Job Board

Browse open positions across the game industry or recruit new talent for your studio

Browse
Subscribe to

Game Developer Newsletter

Get daily Game Developer top stories every morning straight into your inbox

Subscribe
Follow us

@gamedevdotcom

Follow us @gamedevdotcom to stay up-to-date with the latest news & insider information about events & more