The Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA) announced the winners of the Mobies awards for mobile games at the annual CTIA Wireless trade show in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The awards, presented in conjunction with GameSpot and the Wireless Gaming Review, were presented in 10 overall categories, divided into Special Achievement and Genre categories, and the following games won out:
- Mobile Game of the Year: Topolon
- Best Indie Game: Nano Kid
Best Use of Existing IP: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
- Best Action Game: Star Trek: The Birds of Prey
- Best Adventure/Role-Playing Game: Might and Magic
- Best Board/Card Game: Amy's Hangman
- Best Platform Game: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
- Best Puzzle Game: Topolon
- Best Sports Game: Deer Hunter
- Best Strategy Game: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
Any wireless game available to the general public for purchase either through a wireless operator, wireless games portal, or established retail channel (regardless of country of origin, as long as there is an English language) during the calendar year 2004 was eligible for entry.