Artificial Studios has officially released the Reality Engine 13.0 graphics, networking, physics and scripting engine as an Evaluation Kit download. Among its new features are:
- Addition of 'NovodeX FX' scene multi-threading to take advantage of the upcoming Ageia PhysX PPU and dual-core CPUs
- Improved physics tools allow construction of vehicles, ragdolls, fluids & "soft bodies" from within the scene editor
- Focus on platform API abstraction for next generation PC and console support
- Automated lightmap and per-pixel PRT generation
- New automatic world Level-Of-Detail engine, & optional manual occluders for increased performance in large environments
Reality Engine 13.0 includes a new royalty-based licensing plan and is compatible with the Visual Studio .NET Express Editions, suitable for smaller budget developers. Artificial Studios will also be demonstrating the Reality Engine and its physics capabilities at E3 2005, along with the PC title Metronome
from Gameport AB.