, a magazine for 3D artists, has devised a list of the top schools teaching animation
The institutions were ranked based on the number of student films (3D only) shortlisted at international festivals during the past five years.
The top 10 are:
1. Supinfocom, Valenciennes/Arles, France
2. Filmakademie Baden-Wuertemmberg, Stuttgart, Germany
3. Gobelins, L'école de l'image, Paris/Noisy, France
4. Ringling College of Art and Design
, Sarasota, Fla., U.S.
5. Vancouver Film School
, Vancouver, Canada
6. Ecole National Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs, Paris, France
7. Royal College of Art, London, U.K.
8. Bournemouth University, National Centre for Computer Animation
, Bournemouth, U.K.
9. University of Southern California
, Los Angeles, Calif., U.S.
10. Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
, Oakville, Canada
The festivals included in the count were Siggraph, London International Animation Festival, Animex International Festival, Ottawa International Animation Festival, Melbourne International Animation Festival, and Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
For the complete list, and for additional information about how the list was created, see 3D World's web site