Monster Hunter Freedom 3
topped Japanese software sales for the second straight week, outpacing strong initial sales for the highly anticipated Ni No Kuni
, which finished second for the week.
For the week ended December 12, Capcom's PSP adventure sold nearly 630,000 units, while Level-5's anime-inspired role-playing game sold just over 170,000 units.
Ni No Kuni
barely edged out the Japanese premiere of Donkey Kong Country Returns
, which sold over 160,000 units to place third in the weekly rankings.
Other notable Japanese premieres on Media Create's weekly sales list include Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
, which attracted 36,000 sales to finish the week in tenth place, and Shiren the Wanderer 5
, which ended up in 14th place with just over 25,000 sales.
Last week's second place seller, Namco Bandai's Tales of Grace F
, fell to ninth this week, while Sony's Gran Turismo 5
dropped from fifth to 16th in this week's sales rankings.
The top 20 sales rankings for the week ending December 12, 2010, as reported by Media Create, are as follows:
1. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP): 629,541 (Last week: 1)
2. Ni no Kuni (Level-5, DS): 170,548 (NEW)
3. Donkey Kong Returns (Nintendo, Wii): 163,310 (NEW)
4. Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS): 79,819 (Last week: 6)
5. Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo, Wii): 68,430 (Last week: 3)
6. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii): 55,412 (Last week: 11)
7. Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition (Nintendo, Wii): 53,670 (Last week: 7)
8. Mario vs Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem (Nintendo, DS): 51,828 (Last week: 4)
9. Tales of Graces F (Namco Bandai, PS3): 39,640 (Last week: 2)
10. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Ubisoft, PS3): 36,098 (NEW)
11. Super Fossil Fighters 2 (Nintendo, NDS): 29,110 (Last week: 13)
12. Magician’s Quest: The Merchant’s Store of Sorcery (Konami, DS): 27,443 (Last week: 14)
13. Kriby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo, Wii): 26,435 (Last week: 16)
14. Shiren the Wanderer 5 (Chunsoft, DS): 25,192 (NEW)
15. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii): 24,454 (Last week: 17)
16. Gran Turismo 5 (Sony, PS3): 23,929 (Last week: 5)
17. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii): 21,366 (Last week: unranked)
18. Taiko Drum Master Wii 3 (Namco Bandai, Wii): 21,211 (Last week: 12)
19. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii): 20,520 (Last week: 19)
20. Momotaro Railway: World (Hudson, DS): 20,487 (Last week: 8)