EA's Medal of Honor
debuted on top of the UK video game retail sales charts this week, marking the biggest launch of any game in the series, reports tracking firm Chart-Track.
The modern reboot of the military franchise has so far sold 52 percent of its units on Xbox 360, 43 percent on PS3, and five percent on PC.
For the week ended October 16, EA's FIFA 11
took second place, followed by Just Dance 2
, the sequel to Ubisoft's extremely popular Wii exclusive dance game.
Following a recent marketing blitz in the UK, Nintendo's Wii Party
jumped from number 10 to number four this week.
Namco Bandai's anime fighter Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
debuted at number nine, and Konami's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
rounded out the charts at number 10.
Titles dropping from the top 10 this week include Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
, the original Just Dance
, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Medal of Honor (Electronic Arts)
2. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts)
3. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
4. Wii Party (Nintendo)
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Konami)
6. F1 2010 (Codemasters)
7. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom)
8. Halo: Reach (Microsoft)
9. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (Namco Bandai)
10. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Konami)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Both console versions of Medal of Honor
led the individual platforms chart, followed by last week's top title, FIFA 11
. Ubisoft's Just Dance 2
landed at number four, knocking the original Just Dance
out of the top 10.
1. Medal of Honor (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
2. Medal of Honor (Electronic Arts, PS3)
3. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
4. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
5. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts, PS3)
6. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii)
7. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Konami, PS3)
8. Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
9. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom, Xbox 360)
10. F1 2010 (Codemasters, PS3)