Take-Two's Mafia II
reached the top position on the all-platform UK sales charts for the second week in a row
despite a 23 percent week-on-week drop in sales for the week ended September 4, Chart-Track said Monday.
Take-Two said in a recent earnings call
that it expects Mafia II
, developed by 2K Czech, to be "another profitable title for Take-Two." The game debuted at number one in the UK the prior week, following its August 27 launch in the region.
Nintendo and Team Ninja's Metroid: Other M
wasn't able to crack the top 10 in the UK, debuting at number 12 on the all-platforms chart, following its September 3 launch.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which lump together unit sales of all versions of a given title.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Mafia II (Take-Two)
2. Kayne & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Square Enix)
3. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
4. Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive)
5. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two)
6. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
8. Sniper: Ghost Warrior (City Interactive)
9. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
10. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Ubisoft)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Mafia II
captured the first and second positions on Chart-Track's individual platforms top 10, which separately ranks individual versions of a given title. While the Wii-exclusive Metroid: Other M
just missed the top 10 rankings on the all-platforms chart, it managed to come in at number 10 on the individual platforms rankings.
1. Mafia II (Take-Two, Xbox 360)
2. Mafia II (Take-Two, PS3)
3. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
4. Kayne & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Square Enix, Xbox 360)
5. Kayne & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Square Enix, PS3)
6. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Wii)
8. Sniper: Ghost Warrior (City Interactive, Xbox 360)
9. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
10. Metroid: Other M (Nintendo, Wii)