Activision and Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops
made the Christmas number one and held the top spot on the UK software sales charts this week, marking the second year the Call of Duty
franchise has led the charts the week before Christmas, reports tracking firm Chart-Track.
For the week ended December 18, Electronic Arts' popular FIFA 11
followed just behind Black Ops
and took the number two spot on all-platforms chart.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
rose to number three, up from number seven last week, while Sony's flagship driving title, Gran Turismo 5
, took number six.
Electronic Arts' Medal of Honor
climbed back into the top 10 this week at number eight, while Blizzard's World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
, which held the number three spot last week, dropped from the all-platforms chart altogether.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
2. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts)
3. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts)
4. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
6. Gran Turismo 5 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
7. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo)
8. Medal of Honor (Electronic Arts)
9. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
10. Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Ubisoft's Just Dance 2
led the individual platforms chart this week, and the Xbox 360 version of EA's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
rose from number 14 to number four. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
fell from the top spot on the individual platforms chart to number 38.
1. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
2. Gran Turismo 5 (Sony, PlayStation 3)
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision, Xbox 360)
4. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision, PS3)
6. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo, Wii)
7. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
8. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
9. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts, PS3)
10. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)