- The Uncanny Fish Hunt by Uncanny Games – "An adventure game where players take on the role of Simeon, to fight an unleashed ocean."
- Skinny by Thomas Brush – "An exploration and adventure game where players help Skinny, a skinny freak, save the apocalyptic world from their minds."
- Chewy by Happy Candy Co. –" A 2D platformer in which players control Chewy, a sticky piece of gum."
- CREO by Peter Angstadt – "A physics puzzle game in which players must create and experiment to succeed by helping Creo and his friends home from school each day."
- Deep Sea by Robin Arnott – "An audio-only game, where players lose their vision and hearing and are plunged into a world of blackness occupied only by the sound of their own breathing and the rumbles made by unseen terrors."
- Tiny and Big: Grandpa’s Leftovers by Black Pants Game Studio – "A story of a thief who had stolen our hero's most valued possession - a pair of underpants."
- GLiD by noVer – "A single player ambient exploration game where a small robot is tasked with exploring and restoring an abandoned world."
2 min read
Independent Propeller Awards Announces Finalists
The Independent Propeller Awards, an indie game competition organized by Zoo Entertainment's IndiePub community and SXSW, announced its seven finalists competing for $150,000 in prizes.
The Independent Propeller Awards, an indie game development competition organized by South by Southwest and Zoo Entertainment's IndiePub community, announced its seven finalists competing for $150,000 in prizes. After reviewing around 150 entries submitted between December 2010 through mid-February 2011, the competition's organizers have selected several finalists to present their projects at SXSW Screenburn, the video game segment of SXSW's Interactive festival running from March 11-15 in Austin, TX. The shortlisted titles, their developers, and game descriptions follow: