I was blissfully unaware that I forgot to post this week and then I woke up with indigestion. I'm going to mess with the post date... to show I can be sneaky. And anal. 'Cause, you know, 122 weekly posts on a subject few have an invested interest in isn't proof enough of my stubborn habits.
Tech Tree is a list of links about games in BYOND Strategy, a guild run by volunteers on a game/development portal and software engine called BYOND. Those curious about notes or YouTube videos I've cut out can view the original version
- Acebloke released an update to his economic/military simulation, Wargames. He also wrote a blog post stating that Red Faction: Guerrilla emulates the situation in Iraq.
- Bandock is still working on version 3 of Text City Simulator. To celebrate the game's fifth anniversary, he is allowing players to access a candidate that he is no longer working on. The actual version 3 that he plans on releasing will be programmed from scratch and will include more modern BYOND features.
- Mecha Destroyer JD is still working on an update to his RTS, Ultimate Strife. It's sounds like he's rewriting quite a bit with some features, such as teleporting and summoning, being replaced with others, such as new AI. The update is expected to be released within a month.
- Tsfreaks is putting his version of Cathedral on hiatus while he tries to appease the voices in his head. He's currently working on a mid-tier C# application which will help BYOND servers communicate with database software.
- Geldonyetich is still working on his persistent world game, Vehicle Wars, and I'm still linking to his posts just because he's articulate and the game has some RTS influences. Meanwhile, the latest BYOND update includes a fix for a bug he discovered, but it's possible he only posted it so we wouldn't pick on his fanny pack. ;)
- Unknown Person's turn-based fantasy wargame, Ultimatum, still lacks an updated help file. Not that I'm nagging or encouraging others to nag him for it. That would be irresponsible... I mean cool. It would be cool. Nag him. Yes.
- It was slower than I desired, but I've been making progress on my daemonic wargame, Flesh and Drone. This blog post gives a screenshot like I wanted to post last week along with an explanation.
I also finally got around to posting a screenshot for my robot-crashing game, Gears & Peers.
PS: Watch my video for Wrangle, Warp And Weep or else I'll... repeat the request with an inserted threat. Then you'll be turned off and wish you had ignored that request instead. You wouldn't want to waste disdain, would you?