After delays from wiring money, studying, and accounting, Crispy/Inventive Dingo has managed to donate $1,055.02 (AUD) to the Australian Red Cross's "Where It's Needed - Australia" category. That's 50% of the proceeds from his non-BYOND version of Yet Another Generic Space-Age Conquest Game... which is the IGF Award Winner, Mayhem Intergalactic, for the BYOND-illiterate.
Tech Tree is a list of links about games in BYOND Strategy, a guild run by volunteers on a game/development portal and software engine called BYOND. Those curious about notes or YouTube videos I've cut out can view the original version.
- Leftley's Laser Wars, along with his other games, should be back online eventually. Leftley himself, a respected developer within the BYOND community, has been MIA for quite some time. All of his hub entries were deleted by a third party. Fortunately, both the entries and the files they directed people to download were backed up. For now, I suggest trying Dever's War of Lasers.
- Foomer is trying to plan his next BYOND project with the help of a poll. The body of his post doesn't mention his territorial dispute game, Solar Conquest, but some of us are choosing the option anyway. Foomer has stated that the game needs to be rewritten and we're opportunistic. ;)
- Rushnut suffered from a virus which resulted in the loss of all of his BYOND work. Backups do not seem to be mentioned. This could mean that there will be no more updates to Abra's base defense game, Castle. However, Rushnut claims that the reason his complete remake is taking so long is because he requires an artist.
- There appear to be multiple efforts to bring games inspired by Magic: The Gathering to BYOND. First, this classified ad was bumped up after a year. Next, Jiraiya Itachi announced that he is working with a team to create his own version. I'm hoping that they eventually focus on original IP, but it would be nice to have a card game in the guild.
- I released a progress report for Flesh And Drone with screenshots. It seems to be coming along fine for the most part and I have currently settled on a list of special abilities. I also updated the documentation in my Turns library.