Some might find it rude, but I've been enjoying a blog called Indie Gaming Bingo. Picture a Bingo board with squares like "pretentious", "no instructions" and "no gameplay". Add snarky prose. Enjoy.
Tech Tree is a list of links about games in BYOND Strategy, a guild run by volunteers on a game/development portal and engine called BYOND.
- Aixelsyd updated his tactical campaign, Feudal. I have not seen a list of changes, but I noticed that the number of required clicks has been reduced by replacing the window menu with buttons. There might also be more levels, but I'll have to defeat the boss on the tenth in order to view them. Overall, the game keeps improving and I hope that Aixelsyd will make a minor change in the chat display in order to be featured in the guild.
- Iccusion Entertainment's game of gem placement and board capturing, Gemble, also needs its chat to be easier to distinguish from the log in order to be featured. I brought it up and Iccusion's head, Aaiko, has been receptive. The team just has higher priorities at the moment.
- I don't know when it happened, but Gen40 made a version of his space exploration game, Galactics, available to download. I've been noticing live servers, but, fortunately, I no longer have to look for them to keep the game in the guild... Now I just have to figure out whether BYOND RPG would be a better fit.
- Rushin/Rushnut uploaded version 8.8 of Abra/Avalon Entertainment's base defense game, Castle. The update includes fixes for Clerics and Ice Mages along with new options for administrators, Ice Mages, and spectators.
- Ter13 has been having a Design Philosophy discussion about evolution of species. A few rules and hurdles are given. The goal of a species is assumed to be populating a galaxy. I don't know what Ter13 is working on, but Spore is not considered part of the conversation.
- I don't have anything to show off, but I've been working on the interface for my demonic game of unit balance and battling, Flesh And Drone. The turn order tab now displays the stats of each game piece and the drone modification interface is almost complete.
Don't like my referral links? Curious about what I've cut out? Try the version on BYOND Strategy.