I apologized to BYOND Strategy this week. I have yet to add any of the games that were recently liberated from BYOND Casual to the featured list. (It modifies banner rotations and search orders.) On the bright side, there are multiple candidates since, unlike some of my fellow guild members, the developers seem to care enough to provide help files. I'm not sure how many of the older games I want to grandfather in, but I'll try to pace myself better before the next post.
- The Efencea team released version 1.2 of the base defense game they named themselves after. Those of you lacking friends and/or patience can now take advantage of the single player mode, which recently earned Efencea a listing in Foomer's Single Player Games guild. With the art portion wrapped up, Efencea member Tayoko is currently looking for freelance work.
- I don't know when the download link started working again, but Bandock's Text City Simulator is back in the guild.
- Tsfreaks has begun work on Beta 2 of his version of Cathedral. Expect interface improvements and a timer for tournament play.
- Acebloke shall soon be releasing another version of his economic/military simulation, Wargames. Apparently, the current version checks the BYOND servers for medals too often and makes turns take twice as long. The standings seem to indicate that it's not all in vain though.
- Iccusion Entertainment has finally posted another Fray log. The RTS had been put on hold, but they're looking to start it up again with a different interface method. Meanwhile, the team is still looking for an artist. However, the paid position offer seems to have been lost somewhere along the way.
- Back in June, Tech Tree mentioned that Bandock was developing a turn-based strategy game called Text Nuclear War. The good news is that Bandock appears to have kept working on it for a while. The bad news is that he recently lost the source code due to hardware problems... The consoling news is that he is working on a strategy game which he claims will have "an interesting appetite ya can't resist".
- I see, Tiberath. I understand that sex sells, but BYOND RPG should be ashamed. The fact that the cat has a book on stalking is bad enough without the smaller cat looking underage. Why can't those alleged roleplayers safely pretend with pigtails and a schoolgirl outfit like everyone else? Sickos.
Perhaps I should be even more afraid of this perversion of a strategy game thread... by a Bishop!