Normally I use sounds from The Freesound Project, but I recently tried SoundSnap. I don't know how good a judge I am, but the sounds seemed to have a spectrum of quality that was roughly the same. That said, I seemed to get better search results and it was easy to stumble upon professionals. I just don't know if I want to become a paying member for sounds that my untrained ears are going to mangle in Audacity.
- Some of the guildmasters have been arguing that BYOND Casual should be omitted from the one-guild-per-game rule that BYOND's banner guilds follow. With BYOND Action's claim of Feval after it was already listed in BYOND Casual, I have declared victory. I knew those BYOND Action grunts were good for something!
Our POWs are coming home and they're bringing friends! Flick's Boxed, FlameGuardian's BYOND Connect 4, Crispy's/Inventive Dingo's Carpe Slimum, Skysaw's Chess, Flick's Chinese Checkers, Iccusion Entertainment's Gemble, Awakening's Echelon, LostRealm's Mafia, Metamorphman's mCheckers, Lesbian Assassin's Orbitalis, and Nadrew's version of Gazoot's XO now have citizenship in both BYOND Casual and BYOND Strategy. I'll be adding some of them to the featured list soon and there might be more games coming. Muhuhahaha!
- I thought that BYOND Casual had claimed it ages ago, but Dever's version of Stratego is now listed in BYOND Strategy. I guess it ran to freedom on its own.
- Vermolius, Tayoko, and Guyst_x appear to now be calling their team Efencea. Their base defense game of the same name, previously submitted under Vermolius, has been resubmitted under the new team label.
Meanwhile, GamingDomain gained the entrants it needed for its Efencea tournament, rescheduled, and posted the current results in preparation for the best-of-3 finale.
- As promised, Acebloke released an update to his economic/military simulation, Wargames, with medals and an alternative to naval engagements. A few bugs appear to have been introduced, but Acebloke responded with some more updates. Hopefully everything is fine now.
- Tsfreaks has provided numerous updates for his version of Cathedral with bug fixes and interface improvements. He also released and updated the timer library he is using, but the link doesn't appear to work.
- Meditating under a waterfall, Geldonyetich appears to be redesigning Project Cyberverse. He seems to be implying that the RTS elements will not be as prevalent. That probably makes bugging him about it unnecessary, but it still feels good.
- I had to take action against BYOND RPG. Tiberath organized an army of links and pictures. Sensing trouble, I sent assassins to take down the feline leader. The throne lies empty!