With the arrival of Yusuke13, BYOND Volunteers finally has another reviewer to manage feature status. His first approval is Gears & Peers. It's a game with simultaneous turns where players place robots, watch them move, predict crashes, collect opposing gears and run away.
It's my game. I know it meets the guidelines. I know I've given people more than enough time to tear it down in the submissions forum.
However, I'm also a feature reviewer. I'm awaiting cries of bias from people who don't submit their work or respond to feedback. Joy.
This edited version of BYOND and Within comes to you from an unpaid volunteer using a game/development portal and software engine called BYOND. Rather than play suggestions, the column focuses on recent developer activity.
- Bill S. 978 has been introduced before the United States Senate with broad language which, among other things, could put people who stream gameplay in prison for up to five years. The Entertainment Consumers Association is urging citizens to take action now as part of their Gamers for Digital Rights advocacy. Those who type in their zip codes can use the site to write editable form letters to their congressmen.
- Submissions are open to the 14th Annual Independent Games Festival. IGF Chairman Brandon Boyer has explained the changes. The final deadlines (depending on the competition) are in October.
- Submissions are also open for the Indie Games Arcade at Eurogamer Expo 2011. The deadline is August 19th.
- Submissions for the Fantastic Arcade at Fantastic Fest 2011 are due by August 1st.
- The theme for July's Experimental Gameplay Project is "disintegrate".
- Super Friendship Club is a new forum where developers can discuss their work and get feedback. Pageants will be held. The first has the theme "justice" and ends on August 1st.
- I don't care if their hidden agenda is to sell Mommy's Best Games. I'm on board with the 2D focus of 8 Bit Horse and hope to see more of the Oddities in 2D series. =)
And just when I thought she was comin' to my door, she made a tweet and beat my highest score. She said...