- Best Art: The Uncanny Fish Hunt (Uncanny Games) – "An adventure game where players take on the role of Simeon to fight an unleashed ocean."
- Best Audio: Skinny (Thomas Brush) – "An exploration and adventure game where players help Skinny, a skinny freak, save the apocalyptic world from their minds."
- Best Design: Chewy (Happy Candy Co.) – "A 2D platformer in which players control Chewy, a sticky piece of gum."
- Technical Excellence: Creo (Peter Angstadt) - "A physics puzzle game in which players must create and experiment to succeed by helping Creo and his friends home from school each day."
- Intel Innovation Award: Deep Sea (Robin Arnott) - "An audio-only game where players are plunged into a world of blackness occupied only by the sound of their own breathing and the rumbles made by unseen terrors."
- Unity Development Award: Tiny and Big: Grandpa’s Leftovers (Black Pants Game Studio) – "A story of a thief who had stolen our hero's most valued possession - a pair of underpants."
1 MIN READ
GLiD, Tiny And Big Win At Propeller Awards
NoVer's "ambient exploration game" GLiD took home the grand prize and a $50,000 check from IndiePub's Independent Propeller Awards ceremony held at the ScreenBurn Arcade portion of SXSW Interactive.
NoVer's "ambient exploration game" GLiD took home the grand prize and a $50,000 check from IndiePub's Independent Propeller Awards ceremony held at the ScreenBurn Arcade portion of SXSW Interactive. One of 150 titles submitted to the contest, GLiD also received an opportunity for a publishing deal with IndiePub and its parent company Zoo Publishing. The title was previously selected as a Student Showcase finalist at the 2011 Independent Games Festival. The winners from the Independent Propeller Awards' subcategories, who were given a $25,000 cash prize each at the award ceremony held last night, follow: