The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Sucker Punch is looking for a temporary Narrative Writer to help create engaging and compelling narrative content for our upcoming project. Daily tasks will include story development, game dialogue and general narrative contribution.
The ideal candidate will have previous success as a game writer or screenwriter, outstanding communication skills, a good understanding of story and game structure, experience in a writers' room setting, and an absolute passion to tell great stories in various cinematic mediums.
- Collaborate with content designers, writers and creative staff in creating original narrative content and believable characters for an open world game
- Collaborate with writers, designers and cinematic artists to write and edit compelling and unique dialogue for a diverse cast of characters
- Communicate story ideas and plans and advocate for excellent storytelling across the team and product
- Contribute to other creative areas of the narrative including secondary game content, recording actor performance of dialogue and writing content for marketing materials.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of industry or related-industry experience as a game writer, screenwriter or story editor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and "pitch" skills.
- Able to brainstorm and collaborate with a team
- Successfully produced writing work, preferably in genre content.
- Thorough knowledge of the story and game development process.
- Solid understanding of story and game structure and how they can integrate successfully.
- Passion for gaming and/or storytelling.
- Vast knowledge of successful intellectual properties in today's popular culture.
- Able to produce writing without constant supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Experience in playing open world games.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience as a game designer or narrative designer
This is a contract position with potential FTE consideration.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.