The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Van Nuys, CA
We are now recruiting designers for two game development projects - a new game in the Titanfall universe as well as a new 3rd person action/adventure IP. Respawn is seeking a Senior Level Designer to embrace and contribute to the project vision, breathing life into the gameplay world and helping define the moment to moment player experience.
- Work with the design leadership, design team, artists, code, and animation to deliver level designs that epitomize the creative vision of the game.
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective in an effort to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
- You will be expected to own level designs from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood.
- Be a positive influence on the entire team and as a Designer, evangelize the ultimate promise to deliver “fun”.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
- Demonstrate a willingness to keep an open mind to coworker’s ideas, incorporating suggestions when applicable.
- Participate in the research and development of new tools related to level design and pipeline.
- Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent design practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
- Mentor other designers and lead by example.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the games industry working in a level design capacity, shipping at least one title.
- Experience working with a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline.
- Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
- Expert game design sensibilities.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong understanding of level editing packages such as Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools.
- A team-player who understands the importance of collaboration, and can communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual passionate about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games.
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques.
- Shipped AAA game/s a plus.
A sample that demonstrates superior game design sensibilities. This can come in several forms including, a shipped title or a mod created for a retail game. A good sample is fun to play, is professionally polished, and is intuitively playable, accessible, and well rounded.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.