The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Cary, NC
Founded in 1996, North Carolina-based Red Storm Entertainment is Ubisoft’s US development studio and it's looking to bring on an experienced Level Designer.
The Level Designer collaborates with design, engineering, and art teams to create levels that fulfill the creative vision and desired gaming experiences. He/she also offers suggestions to optimize the use of the engine/tools to support development goals. He/she is responsible for game content creation that meets design requirements, validates gameplay mechanics and delivers on the desired player experience.
- Build and own vision for 3D experiences in game level creation tools.
- Work with design leadership, and team to deliver desired results from conception through to final stages of polish.
- Maintain communication with co-dev partners on level design guidelines and design vision.
- Improve productivity working with Level Designers and Level Artists to identify and resolve technical issues, suggest solutions the find a balance between art and gameplay.
- Utilize rapid prototyping to test feasibility of features/ideas/workflows.
- Become an expert on the entire LD pipeline, scripting and all technical requirements, be able to solve issues that come up with workarounds and/or report to leads on blockers.
- Work with engineering if necessary to develop new technologies, suggest solutions for issues/bugs/needed features to optimize pipelines for maximum quality and efficiency.
- Report bugs, track/resolve issues, and prioritize needs.
- Conduct and gather feedback from Playtests and assimilate that feedback into the levels.
- Analyze Data Tracking.
- Passion for multi-player level design.
- Minimum of 2-3 years game development experience and significant contribution to a AAA title that shipped.
- Ability to quickly learn content pipeline and toolset and become a subject matter expert.
- Experience with various engines (Unity, UnReal, QERadiant, Source Engine), design production tools and level editing pipelines.
- Multiplayer game design sensibilities.
- Design pipeline/asset optimization skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing workflows and tools.
- Positive CAN-DO attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives.
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games, especially first and third person shooters.
- Experience conducting playtests autonomously.
- Experience building and iterating upon a MP level for FPS/TPS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in the basic fundamentals of programming/scripting.
- Ability to identify and solve technical issues for tool development in game production.
- Demonstrated skills using 3d scripting languages such as Lua, UnrealScript, Maxscript, or Python.
- Hands on experience with C++ and/or C#.
- Xbox or PS3 optimization and debugging experience.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring small teams.
- MMO experience.
Interested? Apply now
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here