The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Irvine, CA
At Red 5 our UX/UI team encompasses a broad range of skills across art, scripting, and design overlaying nearly every discipline on the development team. The UX/UI design team contributes unique perspective on the look and feel of the game’s interfaces, with a strong perspective on the player’s point of view.
You will be staying abreast of new design features and the development of the game’s abilities, weapons and character functionality as they are implemented into the game. Always putting the player’s perspective first, you are their guardian in the game’s UI experience. In the end, the UX/UI team is responsible for implementing the functioning interface through XML, LUA scripting and other tools provided by the programming team to assure the ease of functionality for the overall game’s success.
- Functional and visual design for in game assets
- Working closely with the Feature Teams to develop the form and function of in game interfaces
- Create UX/UI flow charts for wireframes, UI visuals, site maps and annotated templates
- Develop designs and improve functionalities for all interface assets from the player’s perspective with a clear understanding of their behavior and expectations
- Identify areas of difficulty and create solutions that improve the overall user experience
- Working closely with the user testing team to plan usability studies
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving, analytical abilities, and a strong team player in a creative collaborative environment
- 3+ years of functional design, prototyping, information architecture and the ability to communicate your ideas effectively
- Strong sense of lay out, typography and information design
- Proven experience having created fun, entertaining and easy to use designs across multiple platforms
- Ability to create UX documentation through existing softwares
- Proven experience with UX tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign at the pixel and icon level
- Unyielding passion for games
- Experience building and designing UI in full 3D
- Familiarity with usability testing
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.