The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Las Vegas, NV
As a Network/Web Programmer, you will be responsible for the multiplayer networking and back-end services of exciting new games on PC and mobile platforms. Key responsibilities include working closely with the product development teams and the core technology teams to design, implement and extend multiplayer network services and game systems.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to architect, program and optimize C++, C# and Java in existing or new systems, and with a background of developing multiplayer games, game servers and back-end services for games.
- Experience in one or more areas of game networking technology with a specialization in one or more of: Network architecture (peer-to-peer, client/server), real-time game servers, front-end and back-end web development.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and techniques.
- Three years of experience in video game development with strong C++, C# & Java skills. - - First-hand experience in networking a successful video game product.
- Experience writing technical design documentation.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Computer Science or related engineering degree.
- Passion for developing and playing video games.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- 3-5 years prior game development experience, with at least one shipped game.
- Experience with complex intra-server messaging, multithreading, bandwidth optimization.
- Familiarity with a wide range of web technologies.
- Understanding of scalability and security issues.
- Experience with anti-cheating measures.
- Unity networking and/or social integration experience.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here