The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Petroglyph is seeking a Senior Unity Engineer to join our team for a new, exciting VR game title. A Senior Unity Engineer in this role will develop new systems and gameplay for our VR software products, working closely with designers, artists, and musicians with a great deal of autonomy. Roles can often shift, and engineers can work on a variety of tasks and can learn new specialties.
- The Senior Unity Engineer will manage, design, implement, debug and document new game systems and tools in Unity.
- Must create high quality, high performance code.
- Follow coding standards and best practices.
- Work cohesively with a team of programmers, artists and designers.
- Extrapolate tasks from game design documents, feature stories, conversations, and requirements.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and work within those constraints.
- Extensive experience with and excellent knowledge of the Unity 3D engine.
- Exceptional knowledge of C# and debugging.
- Outstanding knowledge of the optimization and debugging process in Unity.
- Usage and appreciation of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of 3D math.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Must have released at least one Unity title.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must be an avid gamer with a passion for creating great games.
- Previous Gear VR experience a plus.
- Previous experience leading a team is a plus.