The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hello, welcome to our posting for a Creative Director. We need a Creative Director badly, but since we are uncompromising in our vision we are still very picky about it. If this is a trait you also share, read on.
Nix Hydra is seeking an authentic, passionate, and imaginative individual to join our creative team. We are interested in making games with the following qualities:
Magic - The extra details that are normally overlooked, but when included create a sense of awe.
Character - The color, life and creativity that fill out a well rounded world.
Accessibility - A language of interaction for a wide audience that doesn’t rely on the established and often insular language of the gaming industry.
Does this appeal to you? This is the perfect opportunity for someone likeminded who loves working on small teams and having a voice that’s heard in a productive and collaborative work environment. Perks include 3 day weekends!
We expect everyone on the team to be competent, dedicated, proactive and take great pride in their craft. The proper candidate must also be passionate about and enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
We will sponsor visas for absolutely exceptional candidates!
- 7+ years of game industry experience WITH
- 5+ years of design experience
- Been an active member of the design team on at least 3 SHIPPED projects from start to finish
- Been an active member of the design team on at least 1 mobile game from start to finish
- Understands Nix Hydra’s vision and goals as a company and can mold them into cohesive products
- Able to direct and steer the design vision while allowing the design team creative freedom
- Firm understanding of monetization and gating in a "freemium" game
- PROFICIENCY in Word and Excel (NOT “I can open and save a document”)
- Ability to use Photoshop on some level
- Experience with at least one bug DB software: JIRA, DevTrack, Mantis, etc.
- Experience with at least one source control software: Perforce, SVN, Alienbrain, etc.
Much more likely to get the job (in order of importance):
- PROFICIENCY in Unity (NOT "yeah I installed it")
- Skilled creative writer
- Been an active member of the design team on a game for a female target audience from start to finish
- Shipped an MMO from start to finish
- Experience with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone platforms
- Art and/or Audio background
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.