The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Game Designer defines the interactive elements of an interactive Mixed Reality experience and works closely with an interdisciplinary team to produce fascinating, compelling and fun creative work.
The game designer helps to formulate the core goals for an interactive project and is prepared to conceive and execute any and all parts of the play experience in accordance, including (but not limited to) game mechanics, game systems, user interface, AI behaviors, level layout, story and beyond.
The game designer is capable of designing and analyzing prototypes as the project evolves, changing and iterating plans in response to feedback. They are actively learning about the Mixed Reality medium and actively apply lessons from other VR, AR, and other Mixed Reality projects. They are flexible, goal-oriented, and eager to solve game design problems within changing constraints.
This individual is passionate about Mixed Reality’s role in the future of computing, and is ready and eager for the challenges involved in creating world-class experiences that fulfills the potential of Magic Leap’s groundbreaking technology.
- Design, conceptualize and plan interactive elements of a Mixed Reality experience
- Serve as caretaker for the project's game design vision, communicating interactive design goals, priorities and vision to project team members while being receptive to feedback and suggestions from teammates
- Implement game design content
- Liaise with other team members in audio, art, programming and any other disciplines to integrate game content and functionality
- 4+ years experience in games, interactive, or related creative field
- Proficient in Unity, Unreal or similar state of the art game development tools
- Strong track record of contributing to successful interactive titles
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working closely with teams of high-level professionals in artistic and technical disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and mediation skills
- Interest in technology and curiosity around the future of computing and experience platforms
Interested? Apply now!
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.