The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Principal UI Artist, Demiurge Studios
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
In the dark ages of game development, UI was an afterthought ...
Hey, how many bullets are left in my clip? Where do I turn down the volume? I need to combine some reagents - those three, right? Is it my turn to move? Is that the enemy’s health? Where’s her mana? How close am I to hitting my level cap? Is my guild talking to me? Is that my level or my rarity? Is that currency in a stack of ten or a hundred?
... Now we know better. Demiurge Studios needs a UI artist who understands interaction design subtleties while delivering visually stunning, deceptively simple interfaces. And while you’re at it, figure out that bullets-in-the-clip problem too.
- Create visual benchmarks and targets to define a game’s UI aesthetic
- Design, create, and implement User Interface screens and elements that work across various mobile platforms
- Collaborate with Art Director and team members to deliver high-quality visuals with a keen eye for consistency across screens and elements
- Communicate complex information in simple, digestible ways
- Set a high visual bar that is achievable on mobile devices and obtain team buy-in
- Keep up to date on competitive titles, visual trends, and technology
- Present work, gracefully absorb feedback, and elevate the UI produced at Demiurge
- Partner with Producers and Engineers to ensure final product realizes design intent
- 7+ years experience in games with multiple shipped titles covering full production cycle
- Experience collaborating across disciplines to identify, define, and solve visual design problems
- Excellent visual skills: sketching, wireframes, storyboarding, composition, iconography, visual targets, motion graphics
- Strong art foundation: value structure, composition, visual hierarchy, color theory, animation principles
- Portfolio showcasing ability to deliver high-quality UIs and iconography in a variety of styles and genres
- Experience designing screen flows for at least one shipped game
- Expert level proficiency in core Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash/Animate)
- Experience with 1 or more UX prototyping tools
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Willingness to learn new tools and techniques
- Must have a passion for games!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.