The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, Texas
Gunfire Games is seeking an amazing Boss Designer for our upcoming titles. The Boss Designer will work with the design leadership to implement compelling boss encounters from conceptualization to implementation utilizing Unreal 4. The Boss experience will be yours to own. The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding, a firm grasp on the fundamentals of animation and experience using state machines to hook up characters. We're looking for someone who will hit the ground running- must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with design leadership to design, implement and polish compelling boss or combat experiences
- Ownership of Boss Encounter or Player Combat Experience: Iterate, polish and balance boss combat
- Work within an established creative guideline to implement character behavior that fits the game's vision
- Create compelling and balanced combat worthy of top of class AAA game
- 4+ years of Game Design Experience, Passion to work on Bosses and/or Combat
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of visual scripting, and Unreal Blueprint
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3d game engines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of Modern Combat techniques
- Actively seek feedback to improve work while also providing guidance and feedback to peers
- Ability to adapt and cope with change as the production of the project demand
- Shipped a AAA Game
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA
- Animation Experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.