The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Frisco, Texas
An Enemy Designer at The Gearbox Entertainment Company is a development role focused on creating compelling and memorable enemies and combat experiences for players. An Enemy Designer is responsible for taking bosses and enemies from paper design to shipping quality, and ensuring they present well throughout the game. This role involves working with art, animation, audio, level design, mission design, and code to ensure new enemies are built to high quality standards for players to enjoy. This role requires deep love and understand of modern action combat games, first-person shooters, co-op games, and core gameplay tentpoles from Borderlands games. While this is not a leadership position, depending on the candidate, this job role can grow into a leadership position over time.
- Design, build, and iterate enemies and other AI content for a multi-platform AAA FPS
- Work with the Lead Enemy Designer and Creative Director to make sure enemies, factions, and NPCs are meeting their goals and delivered to players in a complete, polished, and fun state
- Work in multidisciplinary teams with art, animation, audio, level design, mission design, and code to build content and solve problems
- Ability to break down requests from other departments into standardized systems and implementations
- Take a keen interest in team morale, and the growth of other team members’ craft. This may include mentoring entry level hires
- Work on multiple things at once at varying stages of development (EX: enemy 1 is in prototype, but enemy 2 is nearing alpha and each have content being delivered by other departments)
- 1+ AAA Projects shipped to completion in a design role (This is not an entry level position.)
- Love of the Borderlands franchise
- Shipped Unreal Engine 4 experience is preferred
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.