The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here are just a few of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
UI/UX Designer, Disruptor Beam
Location: Framingham, MA
Disruptor Beam is building a new generation of games for every screen, based on popular universes like Game of Thrones and Star Trek. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working with some of the most iconic brands in entertainment.
As a UI/UX Designer you will work side-by-side with a team of designers, developers and product owners to help create world-class cross-platform game experiences. The ideal candidate cares about making a great product and are able to design in an iterative process to uncover the best solution. You understand established design patterns and design with best practices in mind. We are a collaborative team, but what makes us able to produce great work are also the skills and experience each individual brings to the team. If you love thinking creatively to craft great experiences, love working in engine or code to implement your designs, have expert knowledge mobile usability trends and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment, this could be the job for you!
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio that includes process and UI wireframes. If you have applications or games in the AppStore that you were principally responsible for the UI or UX design for, let us know about those as well!
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to various design efforts in a busy and exciting year with multiple new game launches.
- Design elegant and delightful mobile experiences as part of a collaborative design team.
- Develop wireframes, create mid-fi comps, storyboards, experience prototypes and detailed design specifications that describe the user experience to stakeholders and direct development activities from inception to implementation.
- Incorporate iterative design, live data and user testing throughout the development process.
- Develop functional prototypes within Unity.
- Facilitate and conduct user and usability research for production teams. Design and oversee all efforts that define user needs and behaviors in relationship to the user experience.
- Provide user experience design expertise to company and advise individuals and teams which can include at times in-game design.
- Create tools including interview guides, focus group materials, and experience prototypes. Create concepts using a range of prototyping methods: 2D and 3D paper models, video or interactive models.
- Hook up user interface objects to the working game systems within the game engine environment.
- Develop new methods that helps make design research produce more effective and relevant outcomes for game design challenges; stay up-to-date with relevant design tools and software; conduct secondary research into current and emerging trends in user needs and technology.
What We Seek
- Experience shipping products for mobile or tablet platforms
- A Gamer with a passion for games, entertainment art and functional and effective design.
- Solid graphic design and compositional abilities using typography, layout and color
- Strong intuitions about what makes for highly usable and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement and social interaction
- Excellent communication skills: written, presenting, oral
- Mastery of Photoshop and/or Sketch to create wireframes and mockups
- Big plus: previous Unity experience
- Big plus: experience conducting user testing
What You’ll Get
- We offer world class health insurance. You'll have access to a national network of doctors that provides comprehensive coverage when you need it most.
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Start work earlier or later according to your inner clock as the core office hours don’t start until 10 am.
Interested? Apply now.
Senior World Builder, Irrational Games
Location: Westwood, Massachusetts
The studio formerly known as Irrational Games is looking for a Senior World Builder. In this role, you will be helping to craft and create our worlds. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense in creating visually interesting spaces with a solid understanding of level design.
- Layout, build and light levels from initial block out to final polish in Unreal 4.
- Tell deep and meaningful stories within the environment.
- Work with Art Team to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
- Work with the Design Team and the Lead Environment Artist to make gameplay and Levels function harmoniously.
- Collaborate in the planning of project environments.
- Sketch/Model/Concept ideas for 3D environments.
- Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality in all environments.
- Prototype rough level layouts quickly and efficiently.
- Level Streaming setup and implementation.
- Optimize Levels for performance and memory.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ experience in the game industry with at least 3 shipped AAA titles.
- Possess a wealth of experience in modular level construction and lighting/atmosphere.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience, including terrain/landscape editing.
- Advanced understanding of Physically Based Shading materials and lighting.
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
- Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Boston.
- Experience in First Person Shooters and semi-open (e.g. Borderlands/Shadows of Mordor) or open world game.
- Strong foundational skills including composition, design, and color theory.
- Advanced 3D skills using 3DS Max (modeling)
- Highly proficient using Adobe Photoshop. (texturing)
- Self-motivated, ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Passion for narrative First Person Shooters a plus.
- Understanding of source control via Perforce or equivalent.
- Quxiel or Substance Designer skills a plus.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) a plus.
- Understanding of procedural art systems in games.
- Experience working with outsourcing a plus.
- Architectural knowledge.
When applying for this position:
Before applying for this position please watch this GDC talk given by Ken Levine.
Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work, must be submitted with resume.
Interested? Apply now!
Senior Animation Programmer, Sony PlayStation
Location: Bend, Oregon
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team in creating a new AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive. We are looking for an Animation Programmer to help develop next generation animation systems for a current working title being developed by Bend Studio. This is not an entry level position and applicant must be able to demonstrate current working knowledge in the field of animation development for recent game applications. This role is closely related to both a physics and animation engineer.
We are looking for an Animation Programmer to help develop next generation animation systems for a current working title being developed by Bend Studio.
This is not an entry level position and applicant must be able to demonstrate current working knowledge in the field of animation development for recent game applications. This role is closely related to both a physics and animation engineer.
• Key contributor to the development of state-of-the-art animation systems, influencing improvements to engine architecture, performance optimizations, and supporting production animation staff through improvements to tools and pipelines.
• Develop robust animation frameworks that will interface with physics and AI character behaviors, such as IK, procedural / physical animation, and facial animations.
• Maintaining a strong collaborative work relationship with programming peers, animation artists, and design staff.
• Strong 3D Math skills.
• Strong C++ and software engineering skills.
• Working knowledge of current animation tools and middleware.
• Strong interest in researching and developing new animation related technologies.
• Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Current and Next Gen game console experience strongly desired.
• 3-5 years industry or related experience.
• 1 or more published titles.
• Strong understanding and familiarity with current UNREAL technology desired.
Interested? Get started here.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.