Location: Burbank, CA
Insomniac Games is looking for a full-time game writer to join our staff in Burbank. What? Seriously?! Yes, seriously. We know how important good writers are to the modern development process, especially when audiences are becoming more sophisticated and discerning.
So if you’re a hard-working, hard-thinking writer who loves to collaborate, you might be right for the team. Candidates should have experience in writing for games, and be passionate and knowledgeable about interactive storytelling.
This role will assist in the development of original treatments, stories, scripts and/or dialogue for assigned game projects and titles. The writer is responsible for researching material to obtain accurate factual background information and authentic details for back-story/ mythology with a strong game narrative and storytelling ability,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with Creative Director, Lead Writer, and other production members to develop characters, plot, and key storytelling moments
- Writes scripts for games with emphasis on complete description of scenes and characters (camera moves, facial expressions, sets, lighting, etc.)
- Writes scripts for real-time events and coordinates with various groups to get them implemented
- Writes a variety of dialogue for AI and emergent gameplay events
- Works closely with design team to create and implement in-game moments to reinforce the story arc
- Writes game trailers and other extraneous projects as necessary (examples: marketing pieces, web content, etc.)
- Assists in writing all text and dialogue in game (menus, descriptions, etc.)
- Maintains schedule and scope on multiple projects during various stages of production
- Demonstrates an understanding of resource limitations by writing stories that are economical and leverage existing game assets
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to eight years progressively complex related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Shipped a AAA title a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows OS, Final Draft, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
Please note that this is a temporary, but benefit eligible position. This role is expected to last an estimated 9-12 months, dependent on candidate and workflow. If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you- then we look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to our website. Thanks!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.